- 1). Remove all pillows and cushions from the furniture. Use a vacuum and a lint roller to remove all the loose debris and hair from the entire surface of the piece of furniture.
- 2). Fill the reservoir tank of the steam cleaner with warm water and the recommended amount of cleaning solution. Check the packaging for the steam cleaning solution for information on the amounts to use. If you do not have cleaning solution, use 4 tbsp. of white distilled vinegar for every 1 cup of water. Secure the tank onto the steam cleaner.
- 3). Attach your steam cleaner's upholstery hose attachment. Set the steam cleaner to upholstery mode and plug the machine into a wall outlet. Turn the machine on and allow the steam to build up. Some steam cleaners are ready to use as soon as you turn them on, and some take 5 to 15 minutes to build up steam. Check your steam cleaner's manual for specific information.
- 4). Place the head of the upholstery hose at a point away from you on the area to be cleaned. Push the steam release button and slowly draw the tool toward you in a straight line. Release the button when you get to the edge of the area you are cleaning. Draw the tool over the same area again without pressing the steam release button to suck up the residual moisture. Feel the area with your hand to check for moisture and sweep the area again until it feels relatively dry.
- 5). Repeat the steam cleaning process until you have cleaned the entire surface of the piece of furniture. Use overlapping strokes to ensure that you have cleaned the whole surface. Use the same process to clean the cushions and pillows. Allow the furniture to air dry completely before replacing the cushions and pillows. Use your hand or a soft brush to smooth out the lines you made on the fabric during the steaming process.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Luxury India Holidays
- Experience Wellness at Sina Otel in Bodrum, Turkey
- Interesting Things To See Whilst Driving In Milan
- Family Vacation on Kaanapali Beach - Where Life Begins After the Sun Sets
- Get Something Extra with Holiday Villas
- The History of Salamanca
- Ujjayantaa Palace in Agartala
- Florida Can Be Your Perfect Vacation Spot
- Welcome To England - Going Down The Pub
- Holiday to Greece - Heaven on Earth
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Home & Garden" Categories
Stay With Us