- 1). Measure out your frame pieces. The bottom piece will need a 6-foot length by 2-foot width. The top piece should be 6 feet long by 1.5 feet high. Cut your wood pieces accordingly and assemble the two rectangular pieces.
- 2). Glue the ends together, checking carefully that the frames are square by using a carpenter’s square. Clamp the glued pieces together and let dry for 24 hours.
- 3). Drill pilot holes and screws into each frame piece. You’ll want two screws at each junction.
- 4). Position 2-by-4 slats into the bottom frame and back piece every 6 inches for added support and comfort.
- 5). Screw the back piece onto the bottom piece, placing screws every 6 inches. Add extra reinforcement by placing an L bracket on each end.
- 6). Set the frame on its back and install your desired height of legs. You can find furniture legs at any hardware store.
- 7). Cut your arm pieces from the remaining wood. The arms should be the width of the couch and between 2 and 3 inches across. The arm supports should be 10 inches, allowing 2 inches for securing to the frame and the rest for arm support.
- 8). Install the arms by placing L-brackets at the points where the arms meet the frame. Connect the arm pieces together with a wood screw from the top of the arm to the bottom support piece.
- 9). Cut the plywood board to fit inside the bottom seat frame. Install the plywood, securing it down with screws.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- How to Care for and Protect Your Sneakers
- Low Fat Cookbooks - A Great Tool to Develop Low Fat Eating Habits
- Routine Hair Care - Tips For Girls
- 5 Great Bourbons for Watching the Kentucky Derby
- Olive Oil Benefits
- Boredom Eating: Why You Eat When You"re Bored and How to Stop
- Veneto confectionary tradition
- Garcinia Diet Loss - Tips to Lose Weight
- Cabbage Soup with Potatos and Carrots Recipe
- The Famous Grouse Scotch Whisky
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Society & Culture & Entertainment" Categories
Stay With Us