- 1). Cut the power to the existing ceiling light at the fuse box. Take down the light by removing the screws holding it there and disconnecting the wires.
- 2). Go to the attic and find the bathroom ceiling electrical box, which should be on the attic floor, attached to joists, with a bundle of wires from the house leading to it. Loosen the screws on the clamp that holds the wire cable in place on the electrical box and pull the wiring free. Set the expose wire bundle aside.
- 3). Unscrew the electric box from the joists, so you have an open hole and can look down into the bathroom. Set the exhaust fan over the hole, with the vent opening covering the hole completely. Trace around the edge of the opening with a pencil.
- 4). Move the fan, then cut out the hole with a jigsaw. Put the fan back down, dropping the vent through the hole. Set the adjustable mounting brackets of the fan unit against the two joists on either side of the fan and secure them with the provided screws.
- 5). Hook up the exhaust hose to the fan unit with the adjustable metal band it came with, then run the hose to an exterior wall. Hold the end of the hose next to the wall and trace around it with your pencil. Cut out the hole with the jigsaw. Screw the end of the hose to the wall, over the hole, with the screws that came with it.
- 6). Use your wire nuts to link the wires from the house, which you removed earlier from the electrical box, to the wires coming out of the fan unit. Connect black to black and white to white, twisting the wire nuts over them together. Hook the copper ground wire from the cable to the green grounding screw on the unit.
- 7). Go back into the bathroom. Set the vent cover into the ceiling opening, hooking it with the provided wire hooks. Turn on the power.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- How to Hook Up a PS2 to an Old TV and VCR
- How to Write And Submit Articles Like a Pro And Generate Massive Traffic
- The "Mickey Mantle Effect" on My Life
- DIY Wrist Corsages
- Ophiacodon Facts
- Boxing Equipment
- Loaded Longboards Complete for Sheer Thrill
- How to Separate a Solid From a Liquid
- The Chemical Brothers Tickets: The Chemical Brothers Tickets For Uk Fans Tour 2010
- Technical Writing Goals and Purpose
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Home & Garden" Categories
Stay With Us